Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab993)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibodySee all Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IP, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH - which represented a portion of human Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase encoded in part by exon 6 and in part by exon 7 (LocusLink ID 2539).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab993 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at 2-10 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProduces pentose sugars for nucleic acid synthesis and main producer of NADPH reducing power.
- Tissue specificityIsoform Long is found in lymphoblasts, granulocytes and sperm.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; pentose phosphate pathway; D-ribulose 5-phosphate from D-glucose 6-phosphate (oxidative stage): step 1/3.
- Involvement in diseaseChronic non-spherocytic hemolytic anemia (CNSHA) [MIM:305900]: Deficiency of G6PD is associated with hemolytic anemia in two different situations. First, in areas in which malaria has been endemic, G6PD-deficiency alleles have reached high frequencies (1% to 50%) and deficient individuals, though essentially asymptomatic in the steady state, have a high risk of acute hemolytic attacks. Secondly, sporadic cases of G6PD deficiency occur at a very low frequencies, and they usually present a more severe phenotype. Several types of CNSHA are recognized. Class-I variants are associated with severe NSHA; class-II have an activity <10% of normal; class-III have an activity of 10% to 60% of normal; class-IV have near normal activity. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
- G6PD antibodyG6PD_HUMAN antibodyG6PD1 antibody
- G6pdx antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate 1 dehydrogenase antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase, G6PD antibodyGlucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase antibodyMET19 antibodyPOS10 antibodyZwf1p antibody
Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab993 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab993 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab993 staining Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase in Mouse skeletal muscle tissue sections by IHC-Fr (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked with 5% serum for 2 hours at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS Tween 20) for 12 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab993) at 0.6 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HUVEC whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 2 : HUVEC whole cell lysate at 25 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Western Blot Lanes 1-2 : Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab993) at 0.5 µg/ml
Immunoprecipitation Lanes 3-4 : Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab993) at 3.75 µg/mg lysate.
Lane 1 : Wild-type mouse peritoneal macrophage whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 2 : Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficient mouse peritoneal macrophage whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Supernatant from wild-type mouse peritoneal macrophage whole cell lysate at 1 mg
Lane 4 : Immunoprecipitate from wild-type mouse peritoneal macrophage whole cell lysate at 1 mg
References for Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab993)
This product has been referenced in:
- Schafer ZT et al. Antioxidant and oncogene rescue of metabolic defects caused by loss of matrix attachment. Nature 461:109-13 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19693011) »
- Poirrier JE et al. Proteomic changes in rat hippocampus and adrenals following short-term sleep deprivation. Proteome Sci 6:14 (2008). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 18498662) »