For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesPrepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/50 - 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.
- FunctionTerminates signal transduction at the neuromuscular junction by rapid hydrolysis of the acetylcholine released into the synaptic cleft. Role in neuronal apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityIsoform H is highly expressed in erythrocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type-B carboxylesterase/lipase family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane; Cell junction > synapse. Secreted. Cell membrane and Nucleus. Only observed in apoptotic nuclei.
Information by UniProt
- ACEE antibody
- ACES_HUMAN antibody
- Acetylcholinesterase antibody
Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody images
Western blot - Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab79816)
Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab79816) at 1/50 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
Observed band size : 65 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 32 kDa,40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab79816)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"