For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesWB: 1/1000 - 1/4000. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTerminates signal transduction at the neuromuscular junction by rapid hydrolysis of the acetylcholine released into the synaptic cleft. Role in neuronal apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityIsoform H is highly expressed in erythrocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type-B carboxylesterase/lipase family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane; Cell junction > synapse. Secreted. Cell membrane and Nucleus. Only observed in apoptotic nuclei.
Information by UniProt
- ACEE antibody
- ACES_HUMAN antibody
- Acetylcholinesterase antibody
Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody images
Western blot - Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab93487)
All lanes : Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab93487) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse brain lysate
Lysates/proteins at 80 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
Observed band size : 95 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Acetylcholinesterase antibody (ab93487)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"