Anti-Actin [AC-40] antibody (ab11003)
- Product nameAnti-Actin [AC-40] antibodySee all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC-40] to Actin
- SpecificityThe antibody does not react with the epitope on the N-terminal end of actin.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, WB, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Carp, Snail (Helix pomatia)
Synthetic peptide within Human Actin aa 365-375 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- EpitopeMonoclonal anti-Actin recognizes an epitope located on the C-terminal end of actin. This epitope is conserved in all actin isoforms.
- General notes
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Raw Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAC-40
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11003 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.
1/500 using cultured Human or chicken fibroblast extract. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
1/200 determined by indirect immunofluorescent staining of cultured Human or chicken fibroblasts.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 421534 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281592 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 58 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11459 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100154254 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29437 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398426 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 102610 Human
- SwissProt: P53479 Carp
- SwissProt: P68139 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68138 Cow
- SwissProt: P68133 Human
- SwissProt: P68134 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68137 Pig
- SwissProt: P68135 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P68136 Rat
- SwissProt: P04752 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 1288 Human
- Unigene: 214950 Mouse
- Unigene: 82732 Rat
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- alpha Actin 1 antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin [AC-40] antibody images
ab11003 staining Actin in Human SW480 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and then blocked using 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/50 for 2 hours at 25°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) used at a 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen Human tongue tissue, using ab11003.
ab11003 staining Human fibroblast cells by ELISA (Sandwich-capture). Cells were blocked in 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody ab11003 (Capture antibody) was diluted 1/3000 and incubated with sample for 12 hours at 4°C. ab5694 was used as secondary and a HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse, diluted 1/1000 was used as detection antibody.
References for Anti-Actin [AC-40] antibody (ab11003)
This product has been referenced in:
- Olsen JR et al. p63 attenuates epithelial to mesenchymal potential in an experimental prostate cell model. PLoS One 8:e62547 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23658742) »
- Yamauchi K et al. Endoperoxide 4 receptors play a role in evoking the exercise pressor reflex in rats with simulated peripheral artery disease. J Physiol 591:2949-62 (2013). Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23568893) »