Anti-Actin antibody [AC-40] (Cy3 ®) (ab11004)
- Product nameAnti-Actin antibody [AC-40] (Cy3 ®)See all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC-40] to Actin (Cy3 ®)
- ConjugationCy3 ®. Ex: 552nm, Em: 565nm
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Double Immunodiffusion, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Carp
Synthetic peptide: SGPSIVHRKCF, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 365-375 of Human Actin, attached to a Multiple Antigen Peptide (MAP) backbone.
- EpitopeThis antibody recognizes an epitope located on the C-terminus of actin. This epitope is conserved in all actin isoforms.
- General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. This product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5,268,486 and related patents. Cy and CyDye are trademarks of GE Healthcare Limited. This material is also subject to proprietary rights of GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under License from GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is NOT licensed for any other use. There is no implied license hereunder for any commercial use. COMMERCIAL USE shall include: 1 Sale, lease, license or other transfer of the material or any material derived or produced from it. 2 Sale, lease, license or other grant of rights to use this material or any material derived or produced from it. 3 Use of this material to perform services for a fee for third parties. If you require a commercial license to use this material and do not have one, please return this material, unopened to Abcam Plc of 330 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0FL, and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 98% PBS, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThe antiboy is Protein A purified prior to conjugation. The conjugate is purified by gel filtration to remove unbound Cy3 fluorophore.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAC-40
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11004 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Double Immunodiffusion||DID: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 421534 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281592 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 58 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11459 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100154254 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29437 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398426 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 102610 Human
- SwissProt: P53479 Carp
- SwissProt: P68139 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68138 Cow
- SwissProt: P68133 Human
- SwissProt: P68134 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68137 Pig
- SwissProt: P68135 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P68136 Rat
- SwissProt: P04752 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 1288 Human
- Unigene: 214950 Mouse
- Unigene: 82732 Rat
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- alpha Actin 1 antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
References for Anti-Actin antibody [AC-40] (Cy3 ®) (ab11004)
ab11004 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.