Anti-Actin [MAC 237] antibody (ab50591)
- Product nameAnti-Actin [MAC 237] antibodySee all Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [MAC 237] to Actin
- SpecificityAntibody reacts with actin in Lethocerus and Drosophila flight and non-flight muscle and with actin in flight muscles of all other insect species tested. Also reacts with mammalian actin (tested vs. rat). Antibody reacts with arthrin in flight muscles of Hemiptera and Diptera.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Lethocerus indicus (Waterbug)
Flight muscle extract from Lethocerus indicus (Waterbug)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal skin.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMAC 237
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50591 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- ACTA antibody
- ACTA1 antibody
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1 antibody
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle antibody
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- actina antibody
- actine antibody
- ACTS_HUMAN antibody
- aktin antibody
- alpha Actin 1 antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin antibody
- alpha skeletal muscle antibody
- alpha-actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-1 antibody
- ASMA antibody
- CFTD antibody
- CFTD1 antibody
- CFTDM antibody
- MPFD antibody
- NEM1 antibody
- NEM2 antibody
- NEM3 antibody
- nemaline myopathy type 3 antibody
Anti-Actin [MAC 237] antibody images
IHC image of Actin staining in Human normal skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab50591, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A Goat anti-Rat biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-Actin [MAC 237] antibody (ab50591)
This product has been referenced in:
- Idrissi FZ et al. Ultrastructural dynamics of proteins involved in endocytic budding. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2587-94 (2012). Electron Microscopy ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . Read more (PubMed: 22949647) »
- Wolff G et al. Neuronal organization of the hemiellipsoid body of the land hermit crab, Coenobita clypeatus: correspondence with the mushroom body ground pattern. J Comp Neurol 520:2824-46 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22547177) »