Active Beta lactamase TEM precursor full length protein (ab67672)
- Product nameActive Beta lactamase TEM precursor full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMHPETLVK VKDAEDQLGA RVGYIELDLN SGKILESFRP EERFPMMSTF KVLLCGAVLS RVDAGQEQLG RRIHYSQNDL VEYSPVTEKH LTDGMTVREL CSAAITMSDN TAANLLLTTI GGPKELTAFL HNMGDHVTRL DRWEPELNEA IPNDERDTTM PAAMATTLRK LLTGELLTLA SRQQLIDWME ADKVAGPLLR SALPAGWFIA DKSGAGERGS RGIIAALGPD GKPSRIVVIY TTGSQATMDE RNRQIAEIGA SLIKHW
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab67672 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity: 1,500IU/mg. Unit Definition: One unit will hydrolyze 1.0 µmole of indicated substrate per min at pH 7.0 at 25 ° C. The International Unit (using benzylpenicillin as substrate) is approximately equal to 600 Levy or 75 Pollock units.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity: Greater than 90.0% as determined by: (a) Analysis by RP-HPLC. (b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20mM PBS, pH 7
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Beta Lactamase TEM precursor in sterile 18MOhms/cm water to not less than 100 µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Beta-lactamase TEM
- FunctionTEM-type are the most prevalent beta-lactamases in enterobacteria; they hydrolyze the beta-lactam bond in susceptible beta-lactam antibiotics, thus conferring resistance to penicillins and cephalosporins. TEM-3 and TEM-4 are capable of hydrolyzing cefotaxime and ceftazidime. TEM-5 is capable of hydrolyzing ceftazidime. TEM-6 is capable of hydrolyzing ceftazidime and aztreonam. TEM-8/CAZ-2, TEM-16/CAZ-7 and TEM-24/CAZ-6 are markedly active against ceftazidime. IRT-4 shows resistance to beta-lactamase inhibitors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-A beta-lactamase family.
References for Active Beta lactamase TEM precursor full length protein (ab67672)
ab67672 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.