Active Cardiotrophin 1 full length protein (ab9838)
- Product nameActive Cardiotrophin 1 full length proteinSee all Cardiotrophin 1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceSRREGSLEDP QTDSSVSLLP HLEAKIRQTH SLAHLLTKYA EQLLQEYVQL QGDPFGLPSF SPPRLPVAGL SAPAPSHAGL PVHERLRLDA AALAALPPLL DAVCRRQAEL NPRAPRLLRR LEDAARQARA LGAAVEALLA ALGAANRGPR AEPPAATASA ASATGVFPAK VLGLRVCGLY REWLSRTEGD LGQLLPGGSA
- Molecular weight21 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9838 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesThe ED50, as determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of TF-1 cells is < 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 1 x 106 units/mg. The lyophilized protein is stable for a few weeks at room temperature, but best stored at –20°C. We recommend a quick spin followed by reconstitution in 20 mM Tris, pH 8.0 to a concentration of < 1.0mg/ml.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionThe lyophilized protein is stable for a few weeks at room temperature, but best stored at –20°C. We recommend a quick spin followed by reconstitution in 20 mM Tris, pH 8.0 to a concentration of < 1.0mg/ml.
- Cardiophin 1
- Cardiotrophin 1
- Cardiotrophin I
- CT 1
- CTF 1
- FunctionInduces cardiac myocyte hypertrophy in vitro. Binds to and activates the ILST/gp130 receptor.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, skeletal muscle, prostate and ovary. Lower levels in lung, kidney, pancreas, thymus, testis and small intestine. Little or no expression in brain, placenta, liver, spleen, colon or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active Cardiotrophin 1 full length protein (ab9838)
ab9838 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.