For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: Greater than 11 U/mg, 1 unit binds 1µg biotin.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm H2O at not less than 100µg/ml, or more than 10mg/ml solution.
- FunctionThe biological function of avidin is not known. Forms a strong non-covalent specific complex with biotin (one molecule of biotin per subunit of avidin).
- Tissue specificitySynthesized in hen oviduct and concentrated in egg white (where it represent 0.05% of the total protein).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the avidin/streptavidin family.
Contains 1 avidin-like domain.
modificationsN-linked glycan at Asn-41 consists of GlcNAc(beta1-2)Man(alpha1-3)[GlcNAc(beta1-4)][Man(alpha1-?)Man(alpha1-6)] Man(beta1-4)GlcNAc(beta1-4)GlcNAc.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
Active chicken Avidin full length protein images
Western blot - Anti-Avidin antibody (ab6675)
Anti-Avidin antibody (ab6675) at 1/1000 dilution + Active chicken Avidin full length protein (ab73656) at 0.001 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Active chicken Avidin full length protein (ab73656)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"