Active cow IL6 full length protein (ab87933)
- Product nameActive cow IL6 full length proteinSee all IL6 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceGPLGEDFKND TTPGRLLLTT PEKTEALIKR MVDKISAMRK EICEKNDECE SSKETLAENK LNLPKMEEKD GCFQSGFNQA ICLIRTTAGL LEYQIYLDYL QNEYEGNQEN VRDLRKNIRT LIQILKQKIA DLITTPATNT DLLEKMQSSN EWVKNAKIIL ILRNLENFLQ FSLRAIRMK
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87933 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBioactivity: Currently, there is no known bioassay for cow IL6.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1X PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% carrier protein.
- Interleukin BSF 2
- B cell differentiation factor
- B cell stimulatory factor 2
- B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- BSF 2
- CTL differentiation factor
- Hybridoma growth factor
- Hybridoma growth factor Interferon beta-2
- IL 6
- Interferon beta 2
- Interferon beta-2
- Interleukin 6
- Interleukin 6 (interferon beta 2)
- FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active cow IL6 full length protein (ab87933)
ab87933 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.