Active E. coli msrB full length protein (ab91349)
- Product nameActive E. coli msrB full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesEscherichia coli
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91349 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: 1 nmol of ab91349 will reduce 0.6 nmol peptide bound Met-R-sulfoxide in 1 min at 37°C.
MetO-containing peptides are reduced by the enzyme in the presence of DTT.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 33% Glycerol, Tris HCl, pH 7.4
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase B
- Peptide methionine sulfoxide reductase msrB
- Peptide-methionine (R)-S-oxide reductase
- RelevanceLike most bacteria, Escherichia coli expresses a single msrB (Methionine-R-sulfoxide reductase) that carries out the reduction of methionine-R-sulfoxide to methionine. The E. coli enzyme belongs to a group of MsrBs, that possess a metal binding site composed of two CXXC motifs. The bound metal (zinc or iron) may stabilize the conformation of the enzymes.
References for Active E. coli msrB full length protein (ab91349)
ab91349 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.