Active hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C virus Genotype 1a NS3 protein fragment (ab91471)
- Product nameActive hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C virus Genotype 1a NS3 protein fragmentSee all Hepatitis C virus Genotype 1a NS3 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesHepatitis C Virus
- Amino acids1359 to 1456
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91471 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityImmunoreactive with sera of HCV-infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab91471 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.2% Triton-X-100, 9% Urea, 0.4% Tris HCl, 0.03% EDTA, 50% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Serine protease/NTPase/helicase NS3
- RelevanceThe nonstructural protein NS3 of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) is indispensable for virus replication and a multifunctional enzyme that contains three catalytic activities such as serine protease, helicase, and NTPase. The N-terminal domain of the protein contains protease activity and the C-terminal domain contains nucleotide triphosphatase and RNA helicase activity. It has been shown that NS2/3 cleavage is mediated by NS2-3 protease, whereas NS3 serine protease is responsible for the other four cleavage sites of the nonstructural (NS) region. Immunoblot analysis on serum samples from 90 patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection revealed four putative immunogenic regions within the NS3 protein of the virus: E (around amino acids 1250/1251), A (within amino acids 1250-1334), A/B (around amino acids 1323 and 1334), and B/C (around amino acids 1407 and 1412). Among them, region E was most immunodominant, and region A was recognized much less frequently by patients with cirrhosis than by those with chronic hepatitis.
- Cellular localizationHost endoplasmic reticulum membrane; Peripheral membrane protein. Note: NS3 is associated to the ER membrane through its binding to NS4A.
References for Active hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C virus Genotype 1a NS3 protein fragment (ab91471)
ab91471 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.