Active hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C Virus NS4 protein fragment (ab68048)
- Product nameActive hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C Virus NS4 protein fragmentSee all Hepatitis C Virus NS4 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, HRP
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesHepatitis C Virus
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68048 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68048 is immunoreactive with sera of HCV-infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab68048 was purified by a proprietary chromatographic technique.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1.5M Urea, 25mM Tris HCl, 1mM EDTA, pH 8.0
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- HCV NS4
- Hepatitis C Virus nonstructural antigen 4
- Non structural protein 4A
- Non structural protein 4B
- RelevanceNS4 A/B are two of the seven nonstructural (NS) proteins making up the HCV polyprotein. The NS proteins recruit the viral genome into an RNA replication complex, which is associated with rearranged cytoplasmic membranes. NS4A acts as a cofactor with the NS3 serine protease and stabilizes its folding. The NS3-NS4A complex is essential for the activation of the latter and allows membrane anchorage of NS3. HCV is a positive, single-stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. HCV is responsible for a large proportion of worldwide chronic viral hepatitides. Most of these infections develop into chronic hepatitis, which often progresses to liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. At present, (unlike hepatitis A and B), there is no vaccine to prevent hepatitis C infection. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) nonstructural protein 4B (NS4B) is a relatively hydrophobic 27-kDa protein. The 4A protein has a molecular weight of 6 kDa.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum; multi-pass membrane protein.
References for Active hepatitis c virus Hepatitis C Virus NS4 protein fragment (ab68048)
ab68048 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.