Active HIV1 gp41 full length protein (ab68129)
- Product nameActive HIV1 gp41 full length proteinSee all HIV1 gp41 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68129 is immunoreactive with all sera of HIV1 infected individuals.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 8M Urea, 20mM PBS, 20mM Sodium chloride, 1mM DTT, pH 7.8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Env polyprotein
- Envelope glycoprotein gp160
- Envelope Protein gp120
- Glycoprotein 41
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 gp41
- Transmembrane protein
- Relevancegp41/120 is the major HIV protein associated with the HIV envelope. It functions as the viral antireceptor or attachment protein. gp41 (or TM) traverses the envelope, whereas gp120 is present on the outer surface and is noncovalently attached to gp41. The precursor of gp120/41 (gp160) is synthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum and is transported via the golgi body to the cell surface. Upon activation of the envelope glycoprotein (gp120/41) by cellular receptors, gp41 undergoes conformational changes that mediate fusion of the viral and cellular membranes.
References for Active HIV1 gp41 full length protein (ab68129)
This product has been referenced in:
- Eissmann K et al. HIV-1 fusion is blocked through binding of GB Virus C E2D peptides to the HIV-1 gp41 disulfide loop. PLoS One 8:e54452 (2013). ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 23349893) »