Active HIV1 gp41 full length protein (ab68205)
- Product nameActive HIV1 gp41 full length proteinSee all HIV1 gp41 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68205 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68205 is immunoreactive with all sera of HIV1 infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity: Greater than 95.0% as determined by HPLC analysis and SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 20mM Sodium carbonate, pH 9.6
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Env polyprotein
- Envelope glycoprotein gp160
- Envelope Protein gp120
- Glycoprotein 41
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 gp41
- Transmembrane protein
- Relevancegp41/120 is the major HIV protein associated with the HIV envelope. It functions as the viral antireceptor or attachment protein. gp41 (or TM) traverses the envelope, whereas gp120 is present on the outer surface and is noncovalently attached to gp41. The precursor of gp120/41 (gp160) is synthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum and is transported via the golgi body to the cell surface. Upon activation of the envelope glycoprotein (gp120/41) by cellular receptors, gp41 undergoes conformational changes that mediate fusion of the viral and cellular membranes.
References for Active HIV1 gp41 full length protein (ab68205)
ab68205 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.