Active HIV1 type O gp41 full length protein (ab68379)
- Product nameActive HIV1 type O gp41 full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68379 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68379 is immunoreactive with all sera of HIV type O infected individuals
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 20mM Sodium carbonate, pH 9.6
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- AIDS associated retrovirus
- glycoprotein 41
- HIV-1 gp41
- HIV1 gp41
- HTLV III
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp41
- Human T lymphotropic virus III
- Lymphadenopathy associated virus
- Relevancegp41 is a glycoprotein non-covalently-bound to gp120, and provides the second step by which HIV enters the cell. It is originally buried within the viral envelope, but, when gp120 binds to a CD4 receptor, gp120 changes its conformation, in such a way that the gp41 helps to initiate the process of membrane fusion between virus and cell.
- Cellular localizationViral envelope
References for Active HIV1 type O gp41 full length protein (ab68379)
ab68379 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.