Active hsv HSV2 gD protein fragment (ab43046)
- Product nameActive hsv HSV2 gD protein fragmentSee all HSV2 gD proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityImmunoreactive with sera of HSV infected individuals, excellent antigen for detection of HSV with minimal specificity problems.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Sepharose derived purification.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 25mM Tris HCl, 1mM EDTA
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Glycoprotein D precursor
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Glycoprotein D
- Human Herpesvirus 2
- Virion glycoprotein D
- RelevanceThere are eight members of the herpes virus family that are known to cause human disease, including not only the herpes simplex viruses (HSV1 and HSV2). HSV1 and HSV2 are family Herpesviridae, subfamily Alpha herpes virinae, genus Simplexvirus. Glycoprotein D(gD) binds specifically to the herpesvirus entry mediator receptor (HVEM), thus providing a strong, fixed attachment to the host cell. These interactions bring the membrane surfaces into mutual proximity and allow for other surface glycoproteins to interact.
References for Active hsv HSV2 gD protein fragment (ab43046)
ab43046 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.