Active human Adiponectin full length protein (ab50219)
- Product nameActive human Adiponectin full length proteinSee all Adiponectin proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequencePGAEGPRGFP GIQGRKGEPG EGAYVYRSAF SVGLETYVTI PNMPIRFTKI FYNQQNHYDG STGKFHCNIP GLYYFAYHIT VYMKDVKVSL FKKDKAMLFT YDQYQENNVD QASGSVLLHL EVGDQVWLQV YGEGERNGLY ADNDNDSTFT GFLLYHDTN
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50219 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBiological Activity : Determined by a cytotoxicity assay using M1 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-1.0 µg/ml.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
The lyophilized protein is stable for a few weeks at room temperature, but best stored at -20°C.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute to 1mg/ml using sterile water.
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein
- Adipocyte C1q and collagen domain containing protein
- Adipocyte complement related 30 kDa protein
- Adipocyte complement related protein of 30 kDa
- Adipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein
- adipocyte-specific secretory protein
- Adiponectin precursor
- adiponectin, C1Q and collagen domain containing
- Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1
- Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 protein
- Adipose specific collagen like factor
- APM 1
- C1q and collagen domain-containing protein
- Gelatin binding protein
- Gelatin binding protein 28
- Gelatin-binding protein
- FunctionImportant adipokine involved in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, with direct anti-diabetic, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory activities. Stimulates AMPK phosphorylation and activation in the liver and the skeletal muscle, enhancing glucose utilization and fatty-acid combustion. Antagonizes TNF-alpha by negatively regulating its expression in various tissues such as liver and macrophages, and also by counteracting its effects. Inhibits endothelial NF-kappa-B signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathway. May play a role in cell growth, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling by binding and sequestering various growth factors with distinct binding affinities, depending on the type of complex, LMW, MMW or HMW.
- Tissue specificitySynthesized exclusively by adipocytes and secreted into plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADIPOQ are the cause of adiponectin deficiency (ADPND) [MIM:612556]. ADPND results in very low concentrations of plasma adiponectin.
Genetic variations in ADIPOQ are associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
- DomainThe C1q domain is commonly called the globular domain.
modificationsHydroxylated Lys-33 was not identified in PubMed:16497731, probably due to poor representation of the N-terminal peptide in mass fingerprinting.
HMW complexes are more extensively glycosylated than smaller oligomers. Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the lysine residues within the collagene-like domain of adiponectin seem to be critically involved in regulating the formation and/or secretion of HMW complexes and consequently contribute to the insulin-sensitizing activity of adiponectin in hepatocytes.
O-glycosylated. Not N-glycosylated. O-linked glycans on hydroxylysines consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups. Sialylated to varying degrees depending on tissue. Thr-22 appears to be the major site of sialylation. Higher sialylation found in SGBS adipocytes than in HEK fibroblasts. Sialylation is not required neither for heterodimerization nor for secretion. Not sialylated on the glycosylated hydroxylysines. Desialylated forms are rapidly cleared from the circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active human Adiponectin full length protein (ab50219)
ab50219 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.