Active human Alpha 2 Antiplasmin full length protein (ab77936)
- Product nameActive human Alpha 2 Antiplasmin full length proteinSee all Alpha 2 Antiplasmin proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77936 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity: 13.05 IU/mg ab77936 efficiently inhibits the plasminogen-activator-induced lysis of fibrin clots.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesAll human source materials have tested negative for HIV1, HIV2, HBc, HCV antibodies and HBsAg by FDA approved tests. No test guarantees a product to be non-infectious. Therefore, all material derived from human fluids or tissues should be considered as potentially infectious.
Found in plasma in about 70ug/ml.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Constituents: 200mM Sodium chloride, 20mM Bis-Tris, pH 6.4
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitution is batch dependent. We deliver 100ug lyophilised product. Please add the correct volume of distilled water to achieve the lot specific concentration indicated on the vial.
- Alpha 2 antiplasmin
- Alpha 2 antiplasmin pigment epithelium derived factor
- Alpha 2 AP
- ALPHA 2 PI
- Alpha 2 plasmin inhibitor
- Alpha 2 plasmin inhibitor deficiency
- Alpha-2-plasmin inhibitor
- Antiplasmin deficiency
- Plasmin inhibitor deficiency
- Serine (or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade F, member 2
- Serine (Or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade F, member 2, isoform CRA_c
- Serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade F (alpha 2 antiplasmin pigment epithelium derived factor) member 2
- Serine (Or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade F, member 2
- Serine or cysteine peptidase inhibitor clade F member 2
- Serpin F2
- Serpin peptidase inhibitor clade F
- Serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade F (alpha 2 antiplasmin pigment epithelium derived factor) member 2
- FunctionSerine protease inhibitor. The major targets of this inhibitor are plasmin and trypsin, but it also inactivates matriptase-3/TMPRSS7 and chymotrypsin.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINF2 are the cause of alpha-2-plasmin inhibitor deficiency (APLID) [MIM:262850]. APLID is an autosomal recessive disorder resulting in severe hemorrhagic diathesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active human Alpha 2 Antiplasmin full length protein (ab77936)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang L et al. Degradation of Internalized avß5 Integrin Is Controlled by uPAR Bound uPA: Effect on ß1 Integrin Activity and a-SMA Stress Fiber Assembly. PLoS One 7:e33915 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22470492) »
- Mollmark J et al. Antiangiogenic Activity of rPAI-123 Promotes Vasa Vasorum Regression in Hypercholesterolemic Mice Through a Plasmin-Dependent Mechanism. Circ Res 108:1419-28 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21546607) »