Active human BDNF full length protein (ab9794)
- Product nameActive human BDNF full length proteinSee all BDNF proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight27 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9794 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesThe ED50 was determined by its ability to stimulate chick E8 neurite outgrowth. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.1-1.0 ng/ml.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at 4C for 1 week or -20C for future use.
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active human BDNF full length protein (ab9794)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wong J & Garner B Evidence that truncated TrkB isoform, TrkB-Shc can regulate phosphorylated TrkB protein levels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 420:331-5 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22425982) »
- Samartgis JR et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor facilitates memory consolidation and reconsolidation of a weak training stimulus in the day-old chick. Neurosci Lett 516:119-23 (2012). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 22484543) »