Active human Calpain 1 full length protein (ab91019)
- Product nameActive human Calpain 1 full length proteinSee all Calpain 1 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91019 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: Greater than or equal to 1,000 units per mg protein. One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that hydrolyzes one micromole of Suc-LLVY-AMC per minute at 25°C.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesPrepared from whole blood shown to be non-reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 20mM Imidazole
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 5mM Beta mercaptoethanol, 1mM EDTA, 1mM EGTA, pH 6.8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Ca2 activated neutral protease
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit
- Calcium dependent protease small subunit
- Calcium dependent protease small subunit 1
- Calcium-activated neutral proteinase 1
- Calpain 1
- Calpain 1 large subunit
- Calpain mu type
- Calpain mu-type
- Calpain regulatory subunit
- Calpain small subunit 1
- Calpain-1 catalytic subunit
- Calpain-1 large subunit
- CANP 1
- CANP small subunit
- CANPL 1
- CAPN 1
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 30 protein
- Micromolar Calpain
- Mu Calpain
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
Active human Calpain 1 full length protein images
SDS-PAGE: 4-12% Bis-Tris NuPAGE gel
1. 5 µg Calpain 1 (reduced /heated)
2. 10 µg Calpain 1 (reduced/ heated)
3. Molecular weight markers
4. 5 µg Calpain 1 (non-reduced/no heat)
5. 10 µg Calpain 1 (non-reduced/no heat)
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody (ab2543) at 1 µg/ml +
Active human Calpain 1 full length protein (ab91019) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
References for Active human Calpain 1 full length protein (ab91019)
ab91019 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.