Active human Caspase 5 full length protein (ab52109)
- Product nameActive human Caspase 5 full length proteinSee all Caspase 5 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52109 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySPECIFIC ACTIVITY: 5000 units/mg
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notes
Active caspase-5 is useful in studying enzyme regulation, determining target substrates, screening caspase inhibitors, or as a positive control in caspase activity assays. Recommend using 1 unit/assay for analyzing caspase activity.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 15% Glycerol, PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute to 1 unit per µl in PBS containing 15% glycerol. Lyophilized caspase-5 is stable for 1 year at –70oC. Following reconstitution, the enzyme should be aliquoted and immediately stored at –70oC.
- Apoptosis related cysteine protease
- Caspase-5 subunit p10
- ICH 3
- ICH 3 protease
- Protease ICH-3
- Protease TY
- TY protease
- FunctionMediator of programmed cell death (apoptosis).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in barely detectable amounts in most tissues except brain, highest levels being found in lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism.
References for Active human Caspase 5 full length protein (ab52109)
ab52109 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.