Active human Cathepsin B full length protein (ab90387)
- Product nameActive human Cathepsin B full length proteinSee all Cathepsin B proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: Greater than 200 units per mg protein. One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that hydrolyzes one µmole of Z-Arg-Arg-beta-naphthylamide per minute at 40°C, using 100 mM Na/K phosphate, pH 6.0, with 1.33 mM EDTA and 2 mM DTT as the activation buffer.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50mM Sodium acetate, 1mM EDTA, pH 5.0
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Amyloid precursor protein secretase
- APP secretase
- Cathepsin B heavy chain
- Cathepsin B1
- cysteine protease
- Preprocathepsin B
- FunctionThiol protease which is believed to participate in intracellular degradation and turnover of proteins. Has also been implicated in tumor invasion and metastasis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C1 family.
- Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
Active human Cathepsin B full length protein images
References for Active human Cathepsin B full length protein (ab90387)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yoon JY et al. Synergistic apoptotic response between valproic acid and fludarabine in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) cells involves the lysosomal protease cathepsin B. Blood Cancer J 3:e153 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24141622) »