Active human CD40 full length protein (ab83917)
- Product nameActive human CD40 full length proteinSee all CD40 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceTheoretical Sequence: EPPTACREKQYLINSQCCSLCQPGQKLVS DCTEFTETECLPCGESEFLDTWN RETHCHQHKYCDPNL GLRVQQKGTSETDTICTCEEGWHCTSEACESCVLHR SC SPGFGVKQIATGVSDTICEPCPVGFFSNVSSAFEKCHPWT SCETKDLVVQ QAGTNKTDVVCGPQDRLRRSSNTKVDKK VEPKSCDKTHTCPPCPAPELLGG PSVFLFPPKPKDTLM ISRTPEVTCVVVDVSHEDPEVKFNWYVDGVEVHNAKTK PREEQYNSTYRVVSVLTVLHQDWLNGKEYKCKVSNKALPA PIEKTISKAKGQP REPQVYTLPPSRDELTKNQVSLTCL VKGFYPSDIAVEWESNGQPENNYKTTP PVLDSDGSFFL YSKLTVDKSRWQQGNVFSCSVMHEALHNHYTQKSLSLSPG K
- Amino acids1 to 193
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83917 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: The ED50 of ab83917 is typically 1.0-1.5 ug/ml as measured by its ability to neutralize CD40 ligand mediated proliferation of T47-D cells.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin, PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended that 0.5 ml of sterile phosphate-buffered saline be added to the vial. Following reconstitution short-term storage at 4°C is recommended, with longer-term storage in aliquots at -18 to -20°C. Repeated freeze thawing is not recommended.
- B cell associated molecule CD40
- B cell surface antigen CD40
- B cell-associated molecule
- B-cell surface antigen CD40
- CD 40
- CD40 antigen
- CD40 antigen (TNF receptor superfamily member 5)
- CD40 molecule
- CD40 molecule, TNF receptor superfamily member 5
- CD40 protein
- CD40 type II isoform
- CD40L receptor
- Nerve growth factor receptor related B lymphocyte activation molecule
- TNF receptor superfamily member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily , member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5 precursor
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 5, isoform CRA_a
- FunctionReceptor for TNFSF5/CD40LG.
- Tissue specificityB-cells and in primary carcinomas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD40 are the cause of hyper-IgM immunodeficiency syndrome type 3 (HIGM3) [MIM:606843]; also known as hyper-IgM syndrome 3. HIGM3 is an autosomal recessive disorder which includes an inability of B cells to undergo isotype switching, one of the final differentiation steps in the humoral immune system, an inability to mount an antibody-specific immune response, and a lack of germinal center formation.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
Active human CD40 full length protein images
Densitometry of protein isoforms visualised by 2-DE.
The densitometry scan demonstrates the purified human cell expressed protein exists in multiple isoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification.
The triangle indicates the theoretical MW and pI of the protein.
1D SDS-PAGE of ab83917 before and after treatment with glycosidases to remove oligosaccharides.
Lane 1: ab83917
Lane 2: ab83917 treated with PNGase F to remove potential N-linked glycans
Lane 3: ab83917 treated with a glycosidase cocktail to remove potential N- and O-linked glycans.
Approximately 5 µg of protein was loaded per lane; Gel was stained using Coomassie.
References for Active human CD40 full length protein (ab83917)
ab83917 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.