Active human Cripto1 protein fragment (ab84062)
- Product nameActive human Cripto1 protein fragmentSee all Cripto1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceTheoretical sequence: LGHQEFARPSRGYLAFRDDSIWPQEEPAI RPRSSQRVPPMGIQHSKEL NRTCCLNGGTCMLGSFCAC PPSFYGRNCEHDVRKENCGSVPHDTWLPK KCSLCKCWH GQLRCFPQAFLPGCDGLVMDEHLVASRTPELPPSGSSNT KVDKKVEPKSCDKTHTCPPCPAPELLGGPSVFLFPPKPK DTLMISRTP EVTCVVVDVSHEDPEVKFNWYVDGVEVHN AKTKPREEQYNSTYRVVSV LTVLHQDWLNGKEYKCKVS NKALPAPIEKTISKAKGQPREPQVYTLPP SRDELTKNQ VSLTCLVKGFYPSDIAVEWESNGQPENNYKTTPPVLDSD GSFFLYSKLTVDKSRWQQGNVFSCSVMHEALHNHYTQKS LSLSPGK
- Amino acids31 to 169
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84062 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activity200 ng/ml of this Chimera induces ERK1 and ERK2 phosphorylation in human umbilical vein endothelial (HUVEC) cells.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notes 200 ng/ml of this Chimera induces ERK1 and ERK2 phosphorylation in human umbilical vein endothelial (HUVEC) cells.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended that 0.5 ml of sterile phosphate-buffered saline be added to the vial. Following reconstitution short-term storage at 4°C is recommended, with longer-term storage in aliquots at -18 to -20°C. Repeated freeze thawing is not recommended.
- Cripto 1
- Cripto 1 growth factor
- Cripto-1 growth factor
- Cripto1 growth factor
- Epidermal growth factor like cripto protein CR1
- Epidermal growth factor-like cripto protein CR1
- TDGF 1
- Teratocarcinoma derived growth factor 1
- Teratocarcinoma-derived growth factor 1
- FunctionCould play a role in the determination of the epiblastic cells that subsequently give rise to the mesoderm.
- Tissue specificityPreferentially expressed in gastric and colorectal carcinomas than in their normal counterparts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EGF-like domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Active human Cripto1 protein fragment images
Lane 1 – MW markers; Lane 2 – ab84062; Lane 3 – ab84062 treated with PNGase F to remove potential N linked glycans; Lane 4 – ab84062 treated with a glycosidase cocktail to remove potential N- and O-linked glycans. Approximately 5 µg of protein was loaded per lane; Gel was stained using Coomassie.
Drop in MW after treatment with PNGase F indicates the presence of N-linked glycans. A further drop in MW after treatment with the glycosidase cocktail indicates the presence of O-linked glycans. Additional bands in lane 3 and lane 4 are glycosidase enzymes.
A sample of ab84062 without carrier protein was reduced and alkylated and focused on a 3-10 IPG strip then run on a 4 20% Tris-HCl 2D gel. Approximately 40 µg of protein was loaded; Gel was stained using Deep Purple™. The spot train indicates the presence of multiple glycoforms. Spots within the spot train were cut from the gel and identified as Cripto1 (Fc Chimera) by protein mass fingerprinting.
Post-translational modifications result in protein heterogeneity. The densitometry scan demonstrates the purified human cell expressed protein exists in multiple glycoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification.
The triangle indicates theoretical pI and MW of the protein.
References for Active human Cripto1 protein fragment (ab84062)
ab84062 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.