Active human EGF full length protein (ab9697)
- Product nameActive human EGF full length proteinSee all EGF proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceRecombinant Human EGF is a 6.2 kDa protein containing 53 amino acid residues: NSDSECPLSH DGYCLHDGVC MYIEALDKYA CNCVVGYIGE RCQYRDLKWW ELR
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9697 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesManufactured using all non-animal reagents.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in 500ul sterile filtered water to a concentration of 1mg/ml.
- Beta urogastrone
- Epidermal Growth Factor
- Epidermal Growth Factor
- Pro epidermal growth factor
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Active human EGF full length protein images
Lane 1 :
Lane 2 :
Lane 3 :
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium and then incubated for 30 min with 25 ng/ml active EGF
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium and then incubated for 30 min with 50 ng/ml active EGF
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
An HRP-conjugatede Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 second
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Active human EGF full length protein (ab9697)
ab9697 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.