Active human IGFBP3 full length protein (ab88368)
- Product nameActive human IGFBP3 full length proteinSee all IGFBP3 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceGASSGGLGPVVRCEPCDARALAQCAPPPAVCAELVREPGC GCCLTC ALSEGQPCGIYTERCGSGLRCQPSPDEARPLQ ALLDGRGLCVNASA VSRLRAYLLPAPPAPGNASESEED RSAGSVESPSVSSTHRVSDPKF HPLHSKIIIIKKGHAK DSQRYKVDYESQSTDTQNFSSESKRETEYG PCRREMED TLNHLKFLNVLSPRGVHIPNCDKKGFYKKKQCRPSKGR KRGFCWCVDKYGQPLPGYTTKGKEDVHCYSMQSK
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88368 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: The ED50 of ab88368 is typically 0.13-0.20 µg/ml as measured by its ability to neutralize rhIGF-II mediated proliferation of the MCF7 adenocarcinoma cell line.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended that 0.5 ml of sterile phosphate-buffered saline be added to the vial. Following reconstitution short-term storage at 4°C is recommended, and longer-term storage of aliquots at -18 to -20°C. Repeated freeze thawing is not recommended.
- Acid stable subunit of the 140 K IGF complex
- Binding protein 29
- Binding protein 53
- BP 53
- Growth hormone dependent binding protein
- IBP 3
- IGF binding protein 3
- IGF-binding protein 3
- IGFBP 3
- Insulin Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3
- FunctionIGF-binding proteins prolong the half-life of the IGFs and have been shown to either inhibit or stimulate the growth promoting effects of the IGFs on cell culture. They alter the interaction of IGFs with their cell surface receptors.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by most tissues. Present in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IGFBP N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 thyroglobulin type-1 domain.
- Developmental stageIGFBP3 levels are higher during extrauterine life and peak during puberty.
- DomainThe thyroglobulin type-1 domain mediates interaction with HN.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Active human IGFBP3 full length protein images
Densitometry of protein isoforms visualised by 2-DE.
The densitometry scan demonstrates the purified human cell expressed protein exists in multiple isoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification.
The triangle indicates the theoretical MWt and pI of the protein.
References for Active human IGFBP3 full length protein (ab88368)
ab88368 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.