Active human IL4R protein fragment (ab83756)
- Product nameActive human IL4R protein fragmentSee all IL4R proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceTheoretical Sequence: MKVLQEPTCVSDYMSISTCEWKMNGPTNC STELRLLYQLVFLLSEAHTCIPEN NGGAGCVCHLLMDDVVSADNYTLDLWAGQQLLWKGSFKPS EHVKPRAPGNL TVHTNVSDTLLLTWSNPYPPDNYLYNHLTYAVNIWSENDP ADFRIYNVTYLEP SLRIAASTLKSGISYRARVRAWAQCYNTTWSEWSPSTKWH NSYREPFEQHG SSNTKVDKKVEPKSCDKTHTCPPCPAPELLGGPSVFLFPP KPKDTLMISRTPE VTCVVVDVSHEDPEVKFNWYVDGVEVHNAKTKPREEQYNS TYRVVSVLTVLH QDWLNGKEYKCKVSNKALPAPIEKTISKAKGQPREPQVYT LPPSRDELTKNQV SLTCLVKGFYPSDIAVEWESNGQPENNYKTTPPVLDSDGS FFLYSKLTVDKSR WQQGNVFSCSVMHEALHNHYTQKSLSLSPGK
- Amino acids1 to 232
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83756 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe ED50 of IL4R - Fc Chimera is typically 45-60 ng/ml as measured by its ability to neutralize IL-4 mediated proliferation of the human growth factor dependent TF-1 cell line.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notes
ab83756 consists of 15-35% carbohydrate by weight. ab83756 contains N-linked oligosaccharides and may have O-linked oligosaccharides.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin, PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended that 0.5 ml of sterile phosphate-buffered saline be added to the vial.
- IL 4R alpha
- IL-4 receptor subunit alpha
- IL-4-binding protein
- IL-4R subunit alpha
- IL4R nirs variant 1
- Interleukin 4 receptor
- Interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain
- Soluble IL-4 receptor subunit alpha
- Soluble IL-4R-alpha
- Soluble interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha
- FunctionReceptor for both interleukin 4 and interleukin 13. Couples to the JAK1/2/3-STAT6 pathway. The IL4 response is involved in promoting Th2 differentiation. The IL4/IL13 responses are involved in regulating IgE production and, chemokine and mucus production at sites of allergic inflammmation. In certain cell types, can signal through activation of insulin receptor substrates, IRS1/IRS2.
Soluble IL4R (sIL4R) inhibits IL4-mediated cell proliferation and IL5 up-regulation by T-cells.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 and isoform 2 are highly expressed in activated T-cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 4 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
- DomainThe extracellular domain represents the IL4 binding protein (IL4BP).
The WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
The box 1 motif is required for JAK interaction and/or activation.
Contains 1 copy of a cytoplasmic motif that is referred to as the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motif (ITIM). This motif is involved in modulation of cellular responses. The phosphorylated ITIM motif can bind the SH2 domain of several SH2-containing phosphatases.
modificationsOn IL4 binding, phosphorylated on C-terminal tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on any one of tyrosine residues, Tyr-575, Tyr-603 or Tyr-631, is required for STAT6-induced gene induction.
The soluble form (sIL4R/IL4BP) can also be produced by proteolytic cleavage at the cell surface (shedding) by a metalloproteinase.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
Active human IL4R protein fragment images
Lane 1: MW markers; Lane 2: IL4R - Fc Chimera; Lane 3: IL4R - Fc Chimera treated with PNGase F to remove potential N-linked glycans; Lane 4: IL4R - Fc Chimera treated with a glycosidase cocktail to remove potential N- and O-linked glycans. Approximately 5 µg of protein was loaded per lane; Gel was stained using Coomassie.
Drop in MW after treatment with PNGase F indicates presence of N-linked glycans. Additional bands in lane 3 and lane 4 are glycosidase enzymes.
Post-translational modifications result in protein heterogeneity. The densitometry scan demonstrates the purified human cell expressed protein exists in multiple isoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification. Expression of these isoforms is highly significant for cell biology, as they more closely resemble the native human proteins.
The triangle indicates theoretical pI and MW of the protein.
References for Active human IL4R protein fragment (ab83756)
ab83756 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.