Active human Interferon alpha 2 full length protein (ab9661)
- Product nameActive human Interferon alpha 2 full length proteinSee all Interferon alpha 2 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceCDLPQTHSLG SRRTLMLLAQ MRKISLFSCL KDRHDFGFPQ EEFGNQFQKA ETIPVLHEMI QQIFNLFSTK DSSAAWDETL LDKFYTELYQ QLNDLEACVI QGVGVTETPL MKEDSILAVR KYFQRITLYL KEKKYSPCAW EVVRAEIMRS FSLSTNLQES LRSKE
- Molecular weight19 kDa
- Amino acids24 to 188
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe sequence of this protein shows limited homology, but has been found to work with the following samples: Bacteria, Mouse, Monkey, Human + Virus
- Additional NotesThis product exerts its biological activity in a concentration range of 0.005-0.5 ng/ml. The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay was found to be > 1.8 x 108 units/mg. The sequence of this protein shows limited homology, but has been found to work with the following samples: Bacteria, Mouse, Monkey, Human + Virus
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionAdd 200ul water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- IFN alpha
- Interferon alpha 1
- Interferon alpha 1/13
- Interferon alpha 13
- Interferon alpha D
- Interferon alpha leukocyte
- Interferon alpha-1/13
- Interferon alpha-D
- Interferon leukocyte
- LeIF D
- FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active human Interferon alpha 2 full length protein (ab9661)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang L et al. A robust immunoassay for anti-interferon autoantibodies that is highly specific for patients with autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 1. Clin Immunol 125:131-7 (2007). Human . Read more (PubMed: 17825626) »