Active human Klotho protein fragment (ab84072)
- Product nameActive human Klotho protein fragmentSee all Klotho proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceEPGDGAQTWA RFSRPPAPEA AGLFQGTFPD GFLWAVGSAA YQTEGGWQQH GKGASIWDTF THHPLAPPGD SRNASLPLGA PSPLQPATGD VASDSYNNVF RDTEALRELG VTHYRFSISW ARVLPNGSAG VPNREGLRYY RRLLERLREL GVQPVVTLYH WDLPQRLQDA YGGWANRALA DHFRDYAELC FRHFGGQVKY WITIDNPYVV AWHGYATGRL APGIRGSPRL GYLVAHNLLL AHAKVWHLYN TSFRPTQGGQ VSIALSSHWI NPRRMTDHSI KECQKSLDFV LGWFAKPVFI DGDYPESMKN NLSSILPDFT ESEKKFIKGT ADFFALCFGP TLSFQLLDPH MKFRQLESPN LRQLLSWIDL EFNHPQIFIV ENGWFVSGTT KRDDAKYMYY LKKFIMETLK AIKLDGVDVI GYTAWSLMDG FEWHRGYSIR RGLFYVDFLS QDKMLLPKSS ALFYQKLIEK NGFPPLPENQ PLEGTFPCDF AWGVVDNYIQ VSQLTKPISS LTKPYH
- Amino acids34 to 549
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84072 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBiological Activity : Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine NIH3T3 cells.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab84072 is greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- Additional NotesEndotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstituted ab84072 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20oC. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Klotho peptide
- FunctionMay have weak glycosidase activity towards glucuronylated steroids. However, it lacks essential active site Glu residues at positions 239 and 872, suggesting it may be inactive as a glycosidase in vivo. May be involved in the regulation of calcium and phosphorus homeostasis by inhibiting the synthesis of active vitamin D (By similarity). Essential factor for the specific interaction between FGF23 and FGFR1.
The Klotho peptide generated by cleavage of the membrane-bound isoform may be an anti-aging circulating hormone which would extend life span by inhibiting insulin/IGF1 signaling.
- Tissue specificityPresent in cortical renal tubules (at protein level). Soluble peptide is present in serum and cerebrospinal fluid. Expressed in kidney, placenta, small intestine and prostate. Down-regulated in renal cell carcinomas, hepatocellular carcinomas, and in chronic renal failure kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KL are a cause of hyperphosphatemic familial tumoral calcinosis (HFTC) [MIM:211900]. A severe metabolic disorder that manifests with hyperphosphatemia and massive calcium deposits in the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Some patients manifest recurrent, transient, painful swellings of the long bones associated with the radiographic findings of periosteal reaction and cortical hyperostosis and absence of skin involvement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 1 family. Klotho subfamily.
- DomainContains 2 glycosyl hydrolase 1 regions. However, the first region lacks the essential Glu active site residue at position 239, and the second one lacks the essential Glu active site residue at position 872.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Isoform 1 shedding leads to a soluble peptide.
References for Active human Klotho protein fragment (ab84072)
ab84072 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.