Active human PAK1 protein fragment (ab95253)
- Product nameActive human PAK1 protein fragmentSee all PAK1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids248 to 545
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95253 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity: 32638 pmoles/min/µg.
Analysis of enzymatic activity was performed according to Zlyte assay protocol:
Different concentration of PAK1 were incubated in a buffer containing 50 mM HEPES (pH7.5), 10 mM MgCl2, 1 mM EGTA, 200 µM ATP, 0.01% Brij-35, and 2 µM substrate (SER/THR14) at room temperature for 1 hour.
Developer solution was added to reaction and reaction was stopped after 1h of incubation at RT.
Fluorescence was then detected using Lambda exc=460±40 nm and Lambda em=528±20 nm filters.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 5mM DTT, 25mM Tris HCl, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 8.0
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Alpha PAK
- p21 activated kinase 1
- p21 protein (Cdc42/Rac) activated kinase 1
- p21-activated kinase 1
- p21/Cdc42/Rac1 activated kinase 1 (yeast Ste20 related)
- p21/Cdc42/Rac1-activated kinase 1 (STE20 homolog, yeast)
- p65 PAK
- PAK alpha
- Protein kinase MUK2
- Rac/p21-activated kinase
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PAK 1
- STE20 homolog yeast
- FunctionThe activated kinase acts on a variety of targets. Likely to be the GTPase effector that links the Rho-related GTPases to the JNK MAP kinase pathway. Activated by CDC42 and RAC1. Involved in dissolution of stress fibers and reorganization of focal complexes. Involved in regulation of microtubule biogenesis through phosphorylation of TBCB. Activity is inhibited in cells undergoing apoptosis, potentially due to binding of CDC2L1 and CDC2L2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. STE20 subfamily.
Contains 1 CRIB domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated when activated by CDC42/p21 and RAC1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell junction > focal adhesion. Recruited to focal adhesions upon activation.
Active human PAK1 protein fragment images
Image showing specific activity of ab95253.
SDS-PAGE analysis of PAK1 (ab95253) and BSA at conc. of 8, 40, 80 and 160 ug/ml.
References for Active human PAK1 protein fragment (ab95253)
ab95253 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.