Active human PI 3 Kinase p110 delta + PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha full length protein (ab60892)
- Product nameActive human PI 3 Kinase p110 delta + PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha full length protein
- SourceBaculovirus infected sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesFull length p110 Delta - Tagged. Full length p85 - NOT TAGGED.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% Tween 20, 3mM DTT, 25mM Tris HCl, 100mM Sodium chloride, pH 8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- p85 ALPHA
- Phosphoinositide 3 kinase C
- PI3 kinase p110 subunit delta
- PI3 kinase p85 subunit alpha
- PtdIns 3 kinase p110
- PtdIns 3 kinase p85 alpha
- RelevancePI3-Kinases (PI3-Ks) are a family of lipid kinases that are implicated in signal transduction. PI3-K consists of two subunits; p85 and p110. The p85 subunit localize PI3-K activity to the plasma membrane while the p110 subunit contains the catalytic domain of PI3-K. Four isoforms of p110 has been found; the alpha, beta, gamma, and the delta subunit. The delta isoform is predominantly expressed in leukocytes and has been shown to interact with p85 and GTP-bound Ras via its SH2/SH3 domain. The enzyme phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3 kinase) is a lipid kinase that is thought to phosphorylate second messengers in growth signalling pathways. PI3K exists as a heterodimer of catalytic 110 kDa (p110) and regulatory 85 kDa (p85, p50 or p55) subunits. The p85 unit consists of two closely related proteins: p85 alpha, which binds tightly to the catalytic subunit and p85 beta, a protein of unknown function. They share 62% amino acid sequence identity. p85 alpha lacks PI3 kinase activity, but may serve as regulator of the catalytic subunit, p110, by acting as the link between PI3K and the ligand activated receptor. Both isoforms bind to activated receptors and serve as tyrosine kinase substrates.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
Active human PI 3 Kinase p110 delta + PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha full length protein images
Lane 1: 3µg of ab60892.
Lane 2: Protein marker.
References for Active human PI 3 Kinase p110 delta + PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha full length protein (ab60892)
ab60892 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.