Active human SYVN1 protein fragment (ab125740)
- Product nameActive human SYVN1 protein fragmentSee all SYVN1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight39 kDa
- Amino acids246 to 617
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125740 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThis N terminal deletion mutant is active as an E3 ligase containing the RING and substrate recognition domains. Typical enzyme concentration of 20-1000nM is used for in vitro conjugation depending on assay conditions.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 89% PBS, 10% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- E3 ubiquitin protein ligase synoviolin
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase synoviolin
- HMG coA reductase degradation 1 homolog
- Synovial apoptosis inhibitor 1
- Synovial apoptosis inhibitor 1, synoviolin
- Synoviolin 1 isoform b
- FunctionActs as an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase which accepts ubiquitin specifically from endoplasmic reticulum-associated UBC7 E2 ligase and transfers it to substrates, promoting their degradation. Component of the endoplasmic reticulum quality control (ERQC) system also called ER-associated degradation (ERAD) involved in ubiquitin-dependent degradation of misfolded endoplasmic reticulum proteins. Also promotes the degradation of normal but naturally short-lived proteins such as SGK. Protects cells from ER stress-induced apoptosis. Protects neurons from apoptosis induced by polyglutamine-expanded huntingtin (HTT) or unfolded GPR37 by promoting their degradation. Sequesters p53/TP53 in the cytoplasm and promotes its degradation, thereby negatively regulating its biological function in transcription, cell cycle regulation and apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed, with highest levels in liver and kidney (at protein level). Up-regulated in synovial tissues from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (at protein level).
- PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HRD1 family.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe RING-type zinc finger is required for E3 ligase activity.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
References for Active human SYVN1 protein fragment (ab125740)
ab125740 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.