Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein (ab629)
- Product nameActive human TGF beta 2 full length proteinSee all TGF beta 2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceBaculovirus infected insect (BTI-TN-5B1-4) cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceALDAAYCFRN VQDNCCLRPL YIDFKRDLGW KWIHEPKGYN ANFCAG ACPY LWSSDTQHSRVLSLYNTINP EASASPCCVS QDL EPLTILY YIGKTPKIEQ LSNMIVKSCK CS
- Molecular weight25 kDa
- Additional sequence informationhTGF-b2 (Human Transforming Growth Factor beta 2) is a 25.0 kDa protein with each subunit containing 112 amino acid residues.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab629 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Sterile filtered Greater than 98% pure by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Additional NotesThe ED50, determined by hTGF-b2 ability to inhibit the mouse IL-4-dependent proliferation of mouse HT-2 cells, is < 0.2ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5 x 106 units/mg. Expression System = Baculovirus infected High-5 cells.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. This solution can be stored at 2-8oC for up to 1 week. For extended storage, it is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing a carrier protein (example 0.1% BSA) and store in working aliquots at -20oC to -80oC.
- BSC 1 cell growth inhibitor
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor
- G TSF
- Glioblastoma derived T cell suppressor
- Glioblastoma derived T cell suppressor factor
- Glioblastoma-derived T-cell suppressor factor
- Milk growth factor
- TGF B2
- TGF beta2
- TGFB 2
- Transforming growth factor beta 2
- Transforming growth factor beta-2
- FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Defects in TGFB2 are the cause of Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4 (LDS4) [MIM:614816]. An aortic aneurysm syndrome with widespread systemic involvement. LDS4 is characterized by arterial tortuosity, aortic dissection, intracranial aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage, hypertelorism, bifid uvula, pectus deformity, bicuspid aortic valve, arachnodactyly, scoliosis, foot deformities, dural ectasia, joint hyperflexibility, and thin skin with easy bruising and striae.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein (ab629)
This product has been referenced in:
- Titeux M et al. Recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa caused by COL7A1 hemizygosity and a missense mutation with complex effects on splicing. Hum Mutat 27:291-2 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16470588) »