Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein (ab84070)
- Product nameActive human TGF beta 2 full length proteinSee all TGF beta 2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceALDAAYCFRN VQDNCCLRPL YIDFKRDLGW KWIHEPKGYN ANFCAGACPY LWSSDTQHSR VLSLYNTINP EASASPCCVS QDLEPLTILY YIGKTPKIEQ LSNMIVKSCK CS
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84070 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBiological Activity : Determined by its ability to inhibit the mouse IL-4-dependent proliferation of mouse HT-2 cells. The ED50 was found to be = 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of = 5 x 106 units/mg.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity is greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstituted TGF beta 2 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor
- Glioblastoma-derived T-cell suppressor factor
- Milk growth factor
- Transforming growth factor beta 2
- Transforming growth factor beta-2
- FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Defects in TGFB2 are the cause of Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4 (LDS4) [MIM:614816]. An aortic aneurysm syndrome with widespread systemic involvement. LDS4 is characterized by arterial tortuosity, aortic dissection, intracranial aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage, hypertelorism, bifid uvula, pectus deformity, bicuspid aortic valve, arachnodactyly, scoliosis, foot deformities, dural ectasia, joint hyperflexibility, and thin skin with easy bruising and striae.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein images
Anti-TGF beta 2 antibody (ab66045) at 1 µg/ml +
Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein (ab84070) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Active human TGF beta 2 full length protein (ab84070)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tran DQ et al. GARP (LRRC32) is essential for the surface expression of latent TGF-beta on platelets and activated FOXP3+ regulatory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13445-50 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19651619) »
- O'Riordan E et al. Chronic NOS inhibition actuates endothelial-mesenchymal transformation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H285-94 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 16963618) »