Active human TNF Receptor II protein fragment (ab83541)
- Product nameActive human TNF Receptor II protein fragmentSee all TNF Receptor II proteins and peptides ...
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceTheoretical sequence: LPAQVAFTPYAPEPGSTCRLREYYDQTAQMCCSKCSPGQH AKVFCTKTSDTVCDSCED STYTQLWNWVPECLSCGSRC SSDQVETQACTREQNRICTCRPGWYCALSKQEGCRLC A PLRKCRPGFGVARPGTETSDVVCKPCAPGTFSNTTSSTDI CRPHQICNVVAIPGNASMD AVCTSTSPTRSMAPGAVHL PQPVSTRSQHTQPTPEPSTAPSTSFLLPMGPSPPAEGIPK VDKKVEPKSCDKTHTCPPCPAPELLGGPSVFLFPPKPK DTLMISRTPEVTCVVVDVSHED PEVKFNWYVDGVEVHN AKTKPREEQYNSTYRVVSVLTVLHQDWLNGKEYKCKVSNK AL PAPIEKTISKAKGQPREPQVYTLPPSRDELTKNQVS LTCLVKGFYPSDIAVEWESNGQPE NNYKTTPPVLDSDG SFFLYSKLTVDKSRWQQGNVFSCSVMHEALHNHYTQKSLS LSPG K
- Amino acids23 to 253
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83541 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe ND50 of TNF Receptor II-Fc Chimera is typically 20-50 ng/ml as measured by its ability to neutralize TNF-a mediated cytoxicity in murine WEHI 164 cells in the presence of actinomycin D.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1% Human serum albumin, PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- p80 TNF alpha receptor
- p80 TNF-alpha receptor
- TNF R2
- TNF R75
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 2
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor type II
- Tumor necrosis factor-binding protein 2
- FunctionReceptor with high affinity for TNFSF2/TNF-alpha and approximately 5-fold lower affinity for homotrimeric TNFSF1/lymphotoxin-alpha. The TRAF1/TRAF2 complex recruits the apoptotic suppressors BIRC2 and BIRC3 to TNFRSF1B/TNFR2. This receptor mediates most of the metabolic effects of TNF-alpha. Isoform 2 blocks TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis, which suggests that it regulates TNF-alpha function by antagonizing its biological activity.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated; mainly on serine residues and with a very low level on threonine residues.
A soluble form (tumor necrosis factor binding protein 2) is produced from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
Active human TNF Receptor II protein fragment images
Post-translational modifications result in protein heterogeneity. The densitometry scan demonstrates that ab83541 exists in multiple isoforms, which differ according to their level of post-translational modification. Expression of these isoforms is highly significant for cell biology, as they more closely resemble the native human proteins.
The triangle indicates theoretical pI and MW of the protein.
References for Active human TNF Receptor II protein fragment (ab83541)
ab83541 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.