Active Listeriolysin (LLO) full length protein (ab68198)
- Product nameActive Listeriolysin (LLO) full length proteinSee all Listeriolysin (LLO) proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids26 to 529
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68198 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityActivity: ab68198 has a hemolytic activity 1.25x106 HU/mg. 2mM DTT is used to reactivate the toxin.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity: Greater than 90.0% as determined by both: (a) Analysis by RP-HPLC. (b) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE
- Additional Notes
This protein can be used for: Cytosolic delivery of molecules, peptides, oligonucleodides and plasmid DNA.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 5% Glycerol, 0.5M Sodium chloride, 50mM Sodium dihydrogen phosphate, 2.7mM Potassium chloride, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Thiol activated cytolysin
- RelevanceListeria monocyogenes is a faculative intracellular Gram-positive food borne bacterium, increasingly recognized as being responsible for severe infections in both humans and animals. Ingestion of contaminated food causes an infection called Listeriosis, which affects especially immunocomprimised patients, new borns and pregnant women. It is characterized by severe syndromes such as encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, septicemia and abortion. Listeriolysin O (LLO) is a single polypeptide protein secreted by the Gram-positive bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. LLO belongs to the group of cholesterol-binding sulfhydrylactivated toxins, the lytic activity of which is enhanced by reducing agents and is suppressed by exposure to oxygen or cholesterol. LLO hemolytic activity is maximum at pH 5.5 and rapidly decreases with the increase of the pH.
References for Active Listeriolysin (LLO) full length protein (ab68198)
ab68198 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.