Active Lysostaphin full length protein (ab70102)
- Product nameActive Lysostaphin full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70102 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity is determined to be 4,243 units/mg.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in 20mM sodium acetate, pH 4.5, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Glycyl glycine endopeptidase
- RelevanceLysostaphin is a Staphylococcus simulans metalloendopeptidase. It is an endopeptidase specific for the cell wall peptidoglycan of staphylococci and is an extremely potent anti-staphylococcal agent. Lysostaphin lyses staphylococcal cells by hydrolysing the -Gly-|-Gly- bond in the pentaglycine inter-peptide link joining staphylococcal cell wall peptidoglycans.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
References for Active Lysostaphin full length protein (ab70102)
ab70102 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.