Active Measles Non-Structural C protein fragment (ab68491)
- Product nameActive Measles Non-Structural C protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1 to 51
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68491 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThis protein is immunoreactive with sera of Measles Virus infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab68491 is >95% pure as determined by 10% PAGE (coomassie staining) and RP-HPLC, purified by a proprietary chromatographic technique.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.15% Sarkosyl, 10mM Calmodulin binding protein, 60mM Sodium chloride, 50mM Tris HCl, 10mM Glutathione, pH 8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Measles virus (MV) C protein
- RelevanceMeasles Non-Structural C Protein is encoded by the "P" gene. In addition to the phosphoprotein, the P gene of measles virus (MV) encodes the V and C proteins, by an RNA editing process and by alternative initiation of translation in a different reading frame, respectively. Although the MV C protein is required for efficient MV replication in vivo and in some cultured cells, its exact functions in virus infection are currently unclear. The C protein of measles virus (MV C) is a basic protein of 186 amino acids that plays at least two roles in infected cells, interference with the innate immune response and modulation of viral polymerase activity.
References for Active Measles Non-Structural C protein fragment (ab68491)
ab68491 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.