Active mouse Caspase 1 full length protein (ab52079)
- Product nameActive mouse Caspase 1 full length proteinSee all Caspase 1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52079 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySPECIFIC ACTIVITY: 20000 units/mg UNIT DEFINITION: One unit of the recombinant caspase-1 is the enzyme activity that cleaves 1 nmol of the caspase substrate Ac-YVAD-pNA (pNA: pnitroanaline) per hour at 37oC in a reaction solution containing 50 mM Hepes, pH 7.2, 50 mM NaCl, 0.1% Chaps, 10 mM EDTA, 5% Glycerol, and 10 mM DTT
- Additional NotesThe lyophilized caspase-1 is stable for 1 year at –70oC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 15% Glycerol, PBS
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute to 1 unit per µl in PBS containing 15% glycerol. Following reconstitution in PBS, the enzyme should be aliquoted and immediately stored at –70oC. Avoid multiple freeze/thaw cycles as activity might decrease.
- Caspase 1 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase
- IL1 B convertase
- IL1 beta converting enzyme
- Interleukin 1 B converting enzyme
- Interleukin 1 beta convertase
- RelevanceCaspases are a family of cysteine proteases that are key mediators of programmed cell death or apoptosis. The precursor form of all caspases is composed of a prodomain, and large and small catalytic subunits. The active forms of caspases are generated by several stimuli including ligand-receptor interactions, growth factor deprivation and inhibitors of cellular functions. All known caspases require cleavage adjacent to aspartates to liberate one large and one small subunit, which associate into a2b2 tetramer to form the active enzyme. Caspase 1 is similar to the cell death gene CED3 of C. elegans and regulates multiple proinflammatory cytokines, including Interleukin 1b and interferon-gamma-inducing factor. Caspase 1 plays a role in down stream of Caspase 8 which is involved in Fas-mediated apoptosis.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
References for Active mouse Caspase 1 full length protein (ab52079)
ab52079 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.