Active mouse LIF full length protein (ab89681)
- Product nameActive mouse LIF full length proteinSee all LIF proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89681 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBioactivity: Mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells were cultured without MEFs (mouse embryonic fibroblasts) in a conditioned medium using LIF concentrations of 1ng/ml, 5ng/ml or 10ng/ml. All concentration conditions resulted in morphologically normal ES cell colonies. Furthermore, in an additional test, when the ES cells were deprived of LIF they spontaneously differentiated and were able to form characteristic embryoid bodies in hanging drops.* *Ref. G. Valdimarsdottir, Fac. Med., University of Iceland.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Sterile filtered through a 0.2 µm filter. Endotoxin level is less than 0.005ng per µg (0.05EU/µg) as measured by turbidimetric kinetic assay.
ab89681 carries no pyrogenic or pro-inflammatory contaminants, as assayed with monocyte activation test using Human 10-plex Cytokine Assay measuring IL6, TNF-alpha and IL1beta induction.
- Additional NotesReconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored in working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
The lyophilized protein is stable for a few weeks at room temperature, but best stored at -20°C.
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute the lyophilized protein in sterile water and 0.02% Tween 20 to a concentration of no less than 100 µg/ml. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
- Cholinergic Differentiation Factor
- D FACTOR
- Differentiation inducing factor
- differentiation inhibitory activity
- Differentiation stimulating factor
- Differentiation-stimulating factor
- Hepatocyte stimulating factor III
- Human interleukin in DA cells
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor
- Melanoma derived LPL inhibitor
- Melanoma-derived LPL inhibitor
- FunctionLIF has the capacity to induce terminal differentiation in leukemic cells. Its activities include the induction of hematopoietic differentiation in normal and myeloid leukemia cells, the induction of neuronal cell differentiation, and the stimulation of acute-phase protein synthesis in hepatocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LIF/OSM family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active mouse LIF full length protein (ab89681)
ab89681 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.