Active mouse VEGF 165A full length protein (ab62134)
- Product nameActive mouse VEGF 165A full length proteinSee all VEGF 165A proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMAPTTEGEQK SHEVIKFMDV YQRSYCRPIE TLVDIFQEYP DEIEYIFKPS CVPLMRCAGC CNDEALECVP TSESNITMQI MRIKPHQSQH IGEMSFLQHS RCECRPKKDR TKPEKHCEPC SERRKHLFVQ DPQTCKCSCK NTDSRCKARQ LELNERTCRC DKPRR
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62134 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity greater than 95% as determined by: Analysis by RP-HPLC. Reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionIt is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized product with sterile water at a concentration of 0.1 mg/ml, which can be further diluted into other aqueous solutions.
- glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A isoform 165A
- Vascular permeability factor
- Vascular permeability factor
- VEGF 165
- VEGF isoform165A
- FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
- Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
Active mouse VEGF 165A full length protein images
ab62134 used in Western Blot. Figure: 1 ug in each lane (-) non-reducing conditions and (+) reducing conditions in a 4-20% Tris-Glycine gel stained with Coomassie Blue. Mouse VEGF-165 is predicted to be a homodimer that has a predicted MW of 39 kDa.
References for Active mouse VEGF 165A full length protein (ab62134)
ab62134 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.