Active PDGF AA full length protein (ab9702)
- Product nameActive PDGF AA full length proteinSee all PDGF AA proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9702 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesThe biological activity is determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of BALB/c 3T3 cells, is < 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 1 x 106 units/mg
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- PDGF A chain
- PDGF subunit A
- Platelet derived growth factor A chain precursor
- Platelet derived growth factor alpha polypeptide
- Platelet-derived growth factor A chain
- Platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide
- Platelet-derived growth factor subunit A
- FunctionPlatelet-derived growth factor is a potent mitogen for cells of mesenchymal origin. Binding of this growth factor to its receptor elicits a variety of cellular responses. It is released by platelets upon wounding and plays an important role in stimulating adjacent cells to grow and thereby heals the wound.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
- DomainThe long form contains a basic insert which acts as a cell retention signal.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active PDGF AA full length protein (ab9702)
ab9702 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.