Active Proteinase K full length protein (ab51501)
- Product nameActive Proteinase K full length protein
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
In Situ Hybridisation
- Additional NotesWarning: This product is irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin, and may cause sensitization by inhalation.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 1ml of 50mM Tris/HCI buffer (pH7.6).
- Endopeptidase K
- Tritirachium alkaline proteinase
- RelevanceProteinase K is an endolytic protease that cleaves peptide bonds preferentially next to the carboxyl group of N-substituted hydrophobic aliphatic and aromatic amino acids. Proteinase K is classified as a serine protease and exhibits broad substrate specificity. It can hydrolyze keratin; hence the name. Proteinase K is used for the digestion of proteins on tissue sections as a pre-treatment to aid in the preparation of mRNA and its detection by in situ hybridisation methods using oligonucleotide probes.
References for Active Proteinase K full length protein (ab51501)
ab51501 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.