Active rat IGF1 full length protein (ab73459)
- Product nameActive rat IGF1 full length proteinSee all IGF1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73459 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
This protein was purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques Purity: Greater than 98.0% as determined by: (a) Analysis by RP-HPLC. (b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Aliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm water at not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- IGF 1
- IGF I
- IGF IA
- IGF IB
- Insulin like growth factor 1
- Insulin like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C)
- Insulin like growth factor IA
- Insulin like growth factor IB
- Insulin-like growth factor I
- Mechano growth factor
- Somatomedin C
- FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active rat IGF1 full length protein (ab73459)
ab73459 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.