Active rat SDF1 alpha full length protein (ab79959)
- Product nameActive rat SDF1 alpha full length proteinSee all SDF1 alpha proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceKPVSLSYRCP CRFFESHVAR ANVKHLKILN TPNCALQIVA RLKSNNRQVC IDPKLKWIQE YLDKALNK
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79959 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBiological Activity : Determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood monocytes using a concentration range of 50.0-100.0 ng/ml.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab79959 is greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. After reconstitution store at -20ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. This solution can be stored at 2-8°C; for up to 1 week. For extended storage, it is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing a carrier protein (example 0.1% BSA) and store in working aliquots at -20°C; to -80°C;. Working aliquots stored with a carrier protein are stable for at least 3 months at -20°C; to -80°C;. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12
- Chemokine (C X C motif) ligand 12
- Chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 12
- Chemokine C X C motif ligand 12
- Chemokine ligand 12
- CXCL 12
- Intercrine reduced in hepatomas
- Pre B cell growth stimulating factor
- Pre-B cell growth-stimulating factor
- SCYB 12
- SDF 1 alpha
- SDF 1A
- SDF 1B
- Stromal cell derived factor 1
- TLSF a
- TLSF b
- TPAR 1
- FunctionChemoattractant active on T-lymphocytes, monocytes, but not neutrophils. Activates the C-X-C chemokine receptor CXCR4 to induce a rapid and transient rise in the level of intracellular calcium ions and chemotaxis. SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) show a reduced chemotactic activity. Binding to cell surface proteoglycans seems to inhibit formation of SDF-1-alpha(3-67) and thus to preserve activity on local sites. Acts as a positive regulator of monocyte migration and a negative regulator of monocyte adhesion via the Lyn kinase. Stimulates migration of monocytes through its receptor, CXCR4, and decreases monocyte adherence to surfaces coated with ICAM-1, a ligand for beta-2 integrins. SDF1A/CXCR4 signaling axis inhibits beta-2 integrin LFA-1 mediated adhesion of monocytes to ICAM-1 through Lyn kinase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsProcessed forms SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) are produced after secretion by proteolytic cleavage of isoforms Beta and Alpha, respectively. The N-terminal processing is probably achieved by DPP4. Isoform Alpha is first cleaved at the C-terminus to yield a SDF-1-alpha(1-67) intermediate before being processsed at the N-terminus. The C-terminal processing of isoform Alpha is reduced by binding to heparin and, probably, cell surface proteoglycans.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Active rat SDF1 alpha full length protein (ab79959)
ab79959 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.