Active S. cerevisiae KEX2 protease protein fragment (ab96554)
- Product nameActive S. cerevisiae KEX2 protease protein fragment
- SourceBaculovirus infected High-5 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesSaccharomyces cerevisiae
- SequenceAPPMDSSLLP VKEAEDKLSI NDPLFERQWH LVNPSFPGSD INVLDLWYNN ITGAGVVAAI VDDGLDYENE DLKDNFCAEG SWDFNDNTNL PKPRLSDDYH GTRCAGEIAA KKGNNFCGVG VGYNAKISGI RILSGDITTE DEAASLIYGL DVNDIYSCSW GPADDGRHLQ GPSDLVKKAL VKGVTEGRDS KGAIYVFASG NGGTRGDNCN YDGYTNSIYS ITIGAIDHKD LHPPYSEGCS AVMAVTYSSG SGEYIHSSDI NGRCSNSHGG TSAAAPLAAG VYTLLLEANP NLTWRDVQYL SILSAVGLEK NADGDWRDSA MGKKYSHRYG FGKIDAHKLI EMSKTWENVN AQTWFYLPTL YVSQSTNSTE ETLESVITIS EKSLQDANFK RIEHVTVTVD IDTEIRGTTT VDLISPAGII SNLGVVRPRD VSSEGFKDWT FMSVAHWGEN GVGDWKIKVK TTENGHRIDF HSWRLKLFGE SIDSSKTETF VFGNDKEEVE PAATESTVSQ YSASSTSISI SATSTSSISI GVETSAIPQT TTASTDPDSD PNTP
- Molecular weight60 kDa
- Amino acids114 to 667
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96554 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab96554 from High-5 insect cells contains the same specific activity and recognition sequence specificity as yeast derived KEX2. 1 milligram of recombinant KEX2 contains activity equivalent to at least 40 units of yeast derived KEX2. Cleaves at the carboxyl side of K/R-R.
- Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity is greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 5mM Calcium chloride, 10mM Sodium acetate, pH 6.0
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionThe lyophilized protein is stable at room temperature for up to 1 month. Working aliquots stored with a carrier protein are stable for at least 3 months at -20°C to -80°C.
- KEX 2
- RelevanceKex2 in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a transmembrane, Ca2+-dependent serine protease of the subtilisin-like pro-protein convertase (SPC) family with specificity for cleavage after paired basic amino acids. At steady state, Kex2 is predominantly localized in late Golgi compartments and initiates the proteolytic maturation of pro-protein precursors that transit the distal secretory pathway. However, Kex2 localization is not static, and its itinerary apparently involves transiting out of the late Golgi and cycling back from post-Golgi endosomal compartments during its lifetime.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus; trans-Golgi network; trans-Golgi network membrane; single-pass type I membrane protein.
References for Active S. cerevisiae KEX2 protease protein fragment (ab96554)
ab96554 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.