Active T. gondii Toxoplasma gondii p30 protein fragment (ab68110)
- Product nameActive T. gondii Toxoplasma gondii p30 protein fragmentSee all Toxoplasma gondii p30 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesToxoplasma gondii
- Amino acids45 to 198
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68110 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68110 is immunoreactive with sera of Toxoplasma gondii-infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab68110 was purified by a proprietary chromatographic technique.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1.5M Urea, 50mM Tris HCl
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Major surface antigen p30
- SAG1 protein
- RelevanceToxoplasma gondii p30 is the immunodominant surface antigen of Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasma gondii is an obligate intracellular protozoan that belongs to the class Sporozoa, and the order Eucoccidia. The parasite has an extremely wide host range and is also nonspecific with respect to the kind of cell type it can enter, making it an interesting model to study invasion. Although toxoplasmosis in healthy adults is generally asymptomatic, it produces severe disease in neonates and immunocompromised people, being the cause of death in many AIDS patients. P30 is the major surface antigen of T. gondii. It is a very abundant protein, conserved in most strains, and present both in the vesicular network of the parasitophorous vacuole and on the surface of the parasite. It is very immunogenic, eliciting high titers of antibodies in infected individuals. The gene coding for P30 has been cloned and completely sequenced: the deduced amino acid sequence shows a putative signal sequence at the N terminus, consistent with localization of P30 on the parasite’s surface, as well as a short hydrophobic stretch at the C terminus.
References for Active T. gondii Toxoplasma gondii p30 protein fragment (ab68110)
ab68110 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.