Active TGF alpha full length protein (ab9587)
- Product nameActive TGF alpha full length proteinSee all TGF alpha proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9587 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesThe ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BALB/c 3T3 cells is < 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5 x 106 units/mg.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 100ul of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- EGF like TGF
- EGF-like TGF
- TGF A
- TGF type 1
- Transforming growth factor alpha
- Transforming growth factor alpha precursor
- Waved 1
- FunctionTGF alpha is a mitogenic polypeptide that is able to bind to the EGF receptor and to act synergistically with TGF beta to promote anchorage-independent cell proliferation in soft agar.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 3 and isoform 4 are expressed in keratinocytes and tumor-derived cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EGF-like domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space.
References for Active TGF alpha full length protein (ab9587)
ab9587 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.