Active Treponema Membrane Protein A protein fragment (ab68126)
- Product nameActive Treponema Membrane Protein A protein fragmentSee all Treponema Membrane Protein A proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68126 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab68126 is immunoreactive with sera of Treponema Pallidum infected individuals. This protein binds to murine anti-TmpA protein monoclonal antibodies and Treponema pallidum converted human serum polyclonal antibodies in ELISA and Western Blot.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab68126 is purified by a proprietary chromatographic technique.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 8M Urea, 20mM DTT, 10mM Tris HCl, 1mM EDTA, pH 8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Antigen tmpA
- Membrane protein A
- RelevanceTreponema pallidum is a gram-negative spirochaete bacterium and is considered to be metabolically crippled. There is no vaccine for syphilis. The outer membrane of T. pallidum has too few surface proteins for an antibody to be effective. Efforts to develop a safe and effective syphilis vaccine have been hindered by uncertainty about the relative importance of humoral and cellular mechanisms to protective immunity and the fact that T. pallidum outer membrane proteins have not been unambiguously identified.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane
References for Active Treponema Membrane Protein A protein fragment (ab68126)
ab68126 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.